By: Vaniitha Jaiin, On: March 18, 2016 Bubbles, Bubblicious, Bubbly, Cava, Champagne, Delight, Drinks, Spain, Spanish Bubbles, Spanish Bubbly, Spanish drink, Sparkling, Sparkling Cava, Sparkling wine, ThePerfectPour, ThePerfectPourIndia, Wine
What you should know about the Spanish sparkling wine
When in Rome do as the Romans do, so when in Spain,sip what the locals drink. The French take pride in their Champagnes and the Spanish, rightly so, flaunt their Cavas.Spain’s sparkling wine deserves every bit of fame and attention.You ought to know why, especially if you are a Champagne snob.
– Cava undergoes the same process – méthodechampenoise – like the golden bubbly, which makes the comparisons obvious. Yet, both are on opposite spectrum of the palate. The indigenous grapes, the sun, soil and seasons of the native lands sets Cava (made of locally produced Xarel-lo, Macabeo and Parellada grapes) apart from Champagne (mainly made from Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay grapes).
– Cava’s light, fresh, fruity and versatile. It isn’t as acidic as Champagne or alcoholic like red or white wine. Drink Cava at any time of the year!You can also sip it while reading a book or pop it on your bae’sbirthday, it’s got a universal appeal.
Pic credit – www.flickr.com/cyclonebill
– There’s something for everyone; Cava ranges from naturally dry to extra-dry to dry to mediumdryto sweetstyles.
– Not only is the Spanish Sparkling Wine cheaper than the French golden bubbly but also closest to it in finesse. But let that not be the only reason to pick a glass of Cava. Try the drink once, you won’t regret it!
– Cava must be served between 5º C and 8º C. You can set it to chill in for several hours in the refrigerator or for 30-min in an ice bucket.
– Drinking winein specific glasses is a fancy thing,but when it comes to Cavas, avoid wide glasses as the aromas will get released quickly.
– Cava is called so as the transformation process takes places in underground caves.
– When in Barcelona you will see tables filled with glasses of Cava. Not just because it’s the country’s best sparkling wine, but also coz 95 per cent of Cavas are produced in Penedès, an area outside Barcelona.
So, the next time someone’s headed to Madrid or Barcelona, don’t forget to ask for a bottle of thebubblicious Cava. It will certainly mesmerize yoursenses without burning a hole in your pocket.
The Perfect Pour is your destination to demystify the overwhelming world of wonderful wonders – wine, whisky, gin, tequila, beer, brandy, vodka, rum, etc. Find out What, Why, When, Where and How to drink your favourite beverage. ..
Wine & Spirits Specialist. Whisky Enthusiast. Marketing Wizard. Globetrotter. Runner. Passionate. Just a few words that concisely but aptly define me, Vaniitha Jaiin. ..